The first step in creating a fence system is to select the correct choice of fencing material. It is necessary to know the characteristics of the route of the fence and the properties of the fence material itself in order for it to be suitable for a particular assembly.
3 conditions for a successful assembly:
- correct choice of fence material,
- correct preparation of the fence route,
- correct approach to the installation of the fence system.
Planning the assembly
Correct planning accounts for half the implementation, therefore it is necessary to ensure that we have the necessary and appropriate fencing material as well as the appropriate number of assemblers present before starting an installation (if you are installing a fence on your own, we recommend that at least 3 other assistants are present).
Material needed for assembly
The standard material required for assembly are:
- anchor bolts
- wedges for supporting pillars
- wedges for supporting the fence elements (e.g. wooden boards of corresponding dimensions)
- correct colour application of the appropriate RAL tone
Tools required for successful assembly
The tools required depend on whether you choose to use a screw or spike concrete fixture for the fence system when assembling:
1. fixing the fence system using a screw fitting:
- angle grinder
- suitable drill heads with the appropriate dimensions
- adjustable spanner
2. fixing the fence system using a spike concrete fixture:
Different fencing systems require a variety of fastening and anchoring materials so we recommend that you take advice beforehand.
Assembly sequence for columns with spike concrete fixtures
Assembly of a fence system using spike concrete fixtures is undertaken in the following order:
- stake the fence route (using a guide-line for example)
- mark and excavate holes
- assemble, support and calibrate the fencing system prior to concrete application
- lay concrete and execute final repairs
- install covers and clips to the fence system, where not previously undertaken
- Supporting material is removed when the concrete is dry.
Assembly with pillar screw fixtures
Fixing columns where screw fixtures are installed are undertaken in the following order:
- the column is placed at the desired location (alongside the taught guide-line). As a rule, the fence element is already inserted into the column
- holes are drilled for the anchor bolts
- anchor bolts are inserted and bolted
- when tightening the anchor bolts, ensure that the column is in a vertical position using a spirit level and stainless steel wedges
The course of assembly
- installation commences by assembling the column at the corner of the fence, usually in the middle of the concrete supporting wall, as this determines the fence line for all the other fencing elements
- a guide-line is used to designate the desired course of the fence along which we mount all the following fencing elements or fence columns
- the column is placed into position and the fence element is clamp in
- the column is then fixed into the concrete supporting wall,
- the installation of the fence system continues according to the principle of element - column - element – column etc. As a rule, the columns of the fence system are not screwed down beforehand,
- after finishing the assembly, we add the bolt, column and clamp covers.